Commercial Property Manager
Professionalism is essential in relations with fellow workers, with tenants (+ employees and customers) and with service providers (contractors and staff) at the properties. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
- direct maintenance staff to carry out daily and periodical scheduled and unscheduled work at properties;
- procure and monitor services contracts and oversee non-contracted work as required;
- see to completion capital projects as directed;
- supervise upkeep of building life safety systems (fire, security, elevator, etc.) to applicable regulations and codes;
- compile for processing incident and insurance reports for properties as required.
Tenant Services :
- coordinate small to medium tenant improvement projects;
- monitor tenancies for proper observance of lease terms and conditions and communicate deficiencies;
- act on and document all tenant requests for service to completion;
- provide operating expense and capital expense information for annual budgets;
- monitor operating expenditures and process invoices for payment;
- assist with pursuing accounts receivable as required;
- review preliminary financial statements and report errors or omissions on a monthly basis;
- initiate and follow through to collection back-charges for expenses that are tenant responsibility.
- Mandatory two to five years of commercial property management experience.
- Full time Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (availability for emergency "on-call") every third weekend.
- Superior organizational ability and understanding of work priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal, writing).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (prior use of Yardi or Spectra an asset).
- Must possess an automobile and have a valid Ontario Driver's License for work-related travel.